We’re committed to keeping you safe during COVID-19
We’re thrilled to invite clients back to Cosmedic Professionals for skin treatments from 1 June 2020, as coronavirus restrictions have eased.
Your safety and comfort have always been our priority, and here’s what we’re doing to meet even stricter hygiene and sanitisation standards at this time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM OUR STAFF AND THE CLINIC
- Our hygiene and equipment sterilisation protocols are way ahead, because for years, we have adhered to government regulations and health checks for our cosmetic tattooing services.
- All our staff have completed the Australian Government’s COVID infection control training.
- Our team will continue to wear gloves, face masks and aprons during your treatment. We use new personal protection items for each client.
- We’re practising the required 1.5m social distancing in waiting areas, with only one client plus therapist allowed in treatment rooms. We will continue to spread appointments apart so the clinic doesn’t get too crowded.
- Our staff perform daily temperature checks on each other and clients who visit the clinic.
- Pens will be one use per client and bulk-sterilised daily.
- All clinic surfaces and touch points (benches, beauty beds, EFTPOS machine) are wiped with sterilising wipes after each use.
- We’re continuing our already strict hygiene protocols, including thorough hand washing between treatments.
- We use medical grade Viraclean – the only TGA-approved COVID-19 disinfectant.
- We use an autoclave machine to sterilise tweezers and metal equipment heads and we record each cleaning in a log book.
- Our treatment rooms and bathroom are regularly cleaned, with the time of cleaning recorded and posted on the door of each room.
HOW WILL YOUR VISIT AND TREATMENT EXPERIENCE BE DIFFERENT?
You’ll notice some changes as soon as you enter reception and throughout the clinic, all designed to keep you – and our staff – safe.
- The day before your appointment, you’ll receive an SMS with 4 questions to answer:
- Have you returned from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone testing COVID positive?
- Do you have flu-like symptoms?
- Are you currently self-isolating for any health-related issues?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, we’ll need to reschedule your appointment for after you’ve had a COVID test and received a ‘negative’ result.
- On the day of your appointment, you’ll also need to complete a form and sign it, for our records and for any contact tracing if needed.
- When you arrive and as you leave, please use the hand sanitiser located inside our clinic entrance.
- Throughout the clinic, you’ll see signs and guides on how to properly wash your hands and maintain social distancing.
- Bathrooms: after using the hand towel, place it in the container with other used towels. These are hot-washed and sanitised daily.
- Our refreshment station now has disposable cups, so you can still enjoy your coffee or tea while you wait for your treatment.
- We’ve had to put away our magazines for now, but you are welcome to watch our clinic’s TV.
- We’ve swapped our couches for chairs that can be wiped down after each visitor.
- We use disposable coverings on our beauty beds and instead of doonas, we’re using towels that are changed after each client, plus an electric blanket to keep you warm. Our treatment gowns are also changed for each client and all towels and gowns are hot-washed daily.
- Product testers: If you’d like to try some skincare products, just ask one of our team, who can dispense a sample into your hand so you can apply it yourself.
WILL ANY TREATMENTS BE AFFECTED?
All our regular non-surgical cosmetic skin treatments are available, because we already practise safe, strict hygiene procedures for them:
Cosmetic tattooing – all pieces that contact your skin are disposable
Microdermabrasion – treatment heads are sterilised in the autoclave after use
Skin needling – all treatment heads are disposable
HiFu – the treatment head is protected with gel, then cleaned with a sterilising wipe after use.
We hope this reassures you that we take your health and wellbeing as seriously as your skin!
So, it’s a great time to get your skincare goals back on track. Book a treatment today.